Lecturer in Finance
John is an accomplished former Financial Director with extensive management experience in European headquarters (overseeing 6 subsidiaries) of a multinational manufacturing company. He has performed at board level in providing company direction through preparation, presentation and implementation of company plans and monitoring of results against same. Results oriented with a commitment to excellence. He is noted for excellent communications and leadership skills, and is also a qualified Barrister.
John’s record as Financial Director (1984-2008) in the multinational manufacturing company mentioned above indicates the range and depth of his capability in a demanding, competitive and highly technical sector.
He was a key member of the senior management team reporting to the parent company in the USA with information regularly provided to the ultimate parent in Japan.
- Excellent contribution as key manager of business unit for 24 years reporting at various times to Irish CEO, to European CEO ,to USA parent CFO and finally to USA parent CEO . This was achieved through preparation, presentation and implementation of plans and monitoring of results together with corrective action as necessary.
- Implementation of ERP (Enterprise Requirements Planning) system to plan with associated change management.
- Rationalisation of European Accounting structure from trading structure to commissionaire structure resulting in tax, cost and accounting efficiencies and associated change management.
- Management of all due diligence issues and company name changes in three company takeovers.
- Managed several cost reduction plans including sale of part of the business and total close down of European operations due to take over by Ricoh Corporation and resulting redundancy of RPSE operation.
Training & Education
- B.Comm -UCD
- Barrister at Law, Kings Inns, Dublin
- Diploma in Management and Application of IT in accounting -DCU
- FCMA –Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants