Europe’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into effect on May 25th, 2018. Many businesses and individuals are looking to upskill in Data Privacy and Security to fully come to grips with their obligations under GDPR.
This course is designed to look at the regulatory environment for GDPR, including all relevant data protection policies and procedural documentation.
Specifically, this includes areas such as:
• All internal data protection governance matters
• Role, jurisdiction and requirements of Data Protection Officers
• How to ensure suppliers or third parties are compliant via data processing agreements
• How to control a data breach and crisis management
• Dealing with the Data Protection Commissioner
• Data processing and employment matters
• Data protection matters (e.g. marketing/loyalty cards, investigating/reporting onsite accidents, insurance concerns, etc.)
After completing the course, participants will have a full understanding of GDPR for business and will be able to draft their own organisation’s policies and procedures. For more information you can download the brochure here.
Every Wednesday evening between 6.30pm to 9pm for 8 weeks, live from Independent College Dublin’s campus in The Steelworks, Foley Street, Dublin 1. The course is available through distance learning for people based throughout the country.
Participants will be required to complete a practical assignment to be eligible for the award. Upon successful completion individuals will receive a Management Diploma in General Data Protection Regulation for Business from Independent College Dublin.
William McLoughlin is a barrister, specialising in regulatory compliance, data protection, employment and judicial review. He is the founder of Argent Business Consultants, a data protection and employment consultancy firm. Initially from retail background, then corporate sales, William set up his own businesses in retail and the fast food industry before being called to the Bar of Ireland. He is cross qualified in business, marketing, banking/ investment operations compliance, law and was the 2016 Global Securities Operations Irish Winner presented by the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investments, London.
* Module topics and/or lecturers are subject to change
• Regulatory Environment
• Categories of Data under GDPR
• Governance of Data and Best Practice
• How to Manage a Data Breach and Crisis Management
• The Data Protection Commission
• Data Processing & Employment Related Matters
• Data Protection Specifics (CCTV, Marketing & Loyalty Cards, Social Media, Online Transactions, Grievances & Disciplinary Matters, Accident Reporting & Investigation)
• Case Studies
Who Should Attend?
Professionals that are responsible for Data Protection and Privacy within their organisation should attend, along with business professionals looking for a general understanding of the impact of the new regulation. Attendees from different disciplines will benefit from the course, including HR, Marketing, IT, Operations, Customer Service and General Management.
Accreditation & Course Work
The course is accredited by Independent College Dublin. Participants will be required to complete a practical assignment to be eligible for the award.
Upon successful completion individuals will receive a Management Diploma in General Data Protection Regulation for Business from Independent College Dublin.
After completing the course, participants will have a full understanding of GDPR for business and will be able to draft their own organisation’s policies and procedures.
Diploma fee €1,195