The Joshua Dawson Library is situated on the second floor of the Independent College campus at Block B, Steelworks, Foley Street. The main library collections support the College programmes in Law and Business at undergraduate and post graduate level. There are additional collections to support CPD diplomas and short courses.
The library has generous opening hours, extended around examination times (February – June). While the library remains the hub of research resources and services, there is online access throughout the building via the College wi-fi network, as well as from external locations. Registered students can access the subscribed College databases from work and home.
A full range of academic services is offered to students at the Joshua Dawson Library, and the student’s educational experience is enhanced by a range of research tutorials delivered from the library.
Academic programmes at Independent Colleges are supported by a range of electronic databases:
- Westlaw IE
- Westlaw UK
- LexisNexis ( Law)
- Nexis ( News and Business)
- DawsonEra Books Online
Link to Library Catalogue – Click here to access the Catalogue Online
Standard Library Services:
- Athens/ Moodle Support
- Photocopying and Printing
- Loans, short loans, library reserves and bookings.
- Query Desk.
- Research support related to electronic resources.
- Written library guides.
- Inter Library Loan Service with Trinity College – Trinity College have every copy of every book published since 1800s in UK and Ireland, their collection is extensive and there is also a day visit option
- Research tutorials for 1st, 2nd, 3rd year students and post-graduates (on request)