Project management (PM) is one of the most sought-after skill sets across the business world. It can be defined as the application of methods, processes, knowledge, and experience to achieve specific goals within agreed parameters, time and budgetary constraints and acceptance criteria. In any organisation or industry, effective change rarely happens successfully without project management skills being applied.
The Professional Diploma in Project Management will cover the main project management phases, from initiation to close via project definition, planning, execution, implementation, and control. Experienced lecturers will give participants a comprehensive grounding in the practical project management skills required to effect successful change across organisations in today’s highly competitive business world.
On this 10-week diploma participants will learn:
• The fundamental concepts of PM and its role in delivering organisational success
• The key tools, approaches and conceptual frameworks used in practice
• The most common PM methodologies and project characteristics to which they apply
• How to design project networks incorporating task identification, work breakdown structures, as well as time and duration estimation
• The key interpersonal skills of successful PM, including team-building, leadership, negotiation and conflict management.
Assessment for this programme is based on a mixture of open-book exams, and continuous assessment consisting of preparing a proposal for the planning and management of a notional project, employing relevant project management tools and concepts (1,700 words).
Successful participants will receive a Professional Diploma in Project Management that is certified by Independent College.
This professional diploma takes place on Tuesday evenings from 6.30pm-9.30pm for 10 weeks. These lectures are streamed live, recorded, and made available via our virtual learning platform Moodle and may be viewed multiple times or replayed in the comfort of the participant’s home or on their daily commute to work.
Course Fee: €995 Online — Course commencing the week of 19 September 2022
Course Fee: €995 Online – Course commencing the week of 19 September 2022